Rule 1. Always post the rules
Rule 2. Answer the questions from the person who tagged you and write 11 new ones
(Rule 3. Tag 11 people and link them to the post) <—optional
(Rule 4. Actually tell them you tagged them.) <—also optional
Thanks for the questions from strange-radio: )
1. Cats or dogs? And why?
Dogs. They’re more amenable to bathing, although I’ve definitely trains cats to bathe before. I’m also more liable to go out and get some exercise with a dog while a cat would induce me to stay indoors. I find cats unpredictably moody and they frankly remind me more of a moody boyfriend I used to have. I do miss a couple of cats I’ve fostered in the past though, but I am more a dog person.
2. If you could have written a book that someone else has already written, which would it be? And what changes would you have made to it?
I would re-write David and Leigh Eddings’ fantasy epics to make them 1) less racist and 2) less heteronormative. (Just finished the Elenium, moving onto the Tamuli in a bit.)
3. One skill you would love to have the time to learn?
Sight singing. I need more of a teacher for this though.
4. Do you enjoy live theater? And if so, do you like musicals?
Yes and yes. As someone who was involved with a theatre society in undergrad, I am fond of shows that use space interestingly.
5. Are you religious?
Somewhat. It’s not a daily part of my life, but on specific occasions I like to get out to a temple to pray. But I have preferences for what kind of temple. I also would burn joss money but SoCal is kind of terrible for that.
6. Favorite color? And has it changed since you were a kid?
Blues and greens. I’m also all right with reds these days… used to find them overrated because during Lunar New Year we ALWAYS got new clothes that were INEVITABLY red so it got boring.
7. Do you have a favorite clothing store or brand?
In Canada that would be Suzy Shier. In Malaysia I am partial to Applemints, but have kind of outgrown them—as in, my ass is too huge for most of their stuff these days. KeyNG used to have some really cool off-the-rack avant-garde couture but they are so boring these days. I have yet to find a clothing store or brand here in the States that I really care about.
8. Favorite position to sleep in?
On my side but always end up on my back.
9. Politically, are you a conservative, liberal or moderate? No matter what your political party is, if any.
Liberal. Socialist. If I were American, I would vote for the Green Party. As a Malaysian I am not registered to vote and I will frankly say I don’t care about either party we’ve got because they both suck. They are not radically different enough from each other for me to care.
10. If you had to choose one social justice cause near and dear to your heart, what would it be?
Only one? Aw dude you know that’s not how it works… anti-racism and reproductive rights are my top two, I guess. That’s as much as I care to narrow down.
11. Can you cook (well)?
I can cook certain things extremely well. I bake a mean chocolate cake. I also make very good stir-fried vegetables. Congee, and fried fish. The menu for my dinners always include: a rice, a meat dish, a vegetable dish, and one of the latter two are also a soup.
OK, 11 questions:
1) What is your top hobby that you wish you could make into an income-producing job?
2) What is your favourite flower and why?
3) What are your thoughts on treehouses?
4) Waffles, pancakes or French toast?
5) What do you use for printing?
6) Do you have a favourite library?
7) What are you currently reading?
8) What is your favourite mythical animal?
9) What would be the top principle(s) of your ideal government?
10) You have 10 acres of land. What do you do with it?
11) Do you still live in the town you grew up in? If not, how often have you moved?